The Apple Store of Dreams


Looking at a bag of mixed farm apples on the kitchen counter this morning…don’t recognize one or two...

There are 7500 varieties of apples. I would love to see them and try them all, at least those grown locally. Tea is steeping so it’s a good time for a daydream…


In the dream, I operate an apple bar. A place where you go to try different apples, or just to have “the usual," maybe get some to take home. I could stand behind the bar, offer sample slices, talk about the specials of the day or week, and anything else that’s on your mind. Which is always the best thing about a bar…


Might even branch out to pears*…


I know this dream may not come true right away. We do not live in a world that supports tiny acts of love without regard for economic practicality. But that is not forever.


So today I will live my life in ways that mean - someday, somewhere – maybe I, or if not a fellow dreamer, will open their apple bar.


* There are over 5000 varieties of pears


Comments