Perfect


I have taken to viewing the rather frozen circumstances as a cocoon. A place where dramatic change is happening so that we all will soar when we emerge to light…

Play audio version here:

Listen to "Perfect" on Spreaker.

I’ve noticed a difference already -- just today, someone was releasing soap bubbles on a quiet, brownstone block where I was walking with a cup of coffee. Normally, I would have been concerned and even annoyed at the possibility of soap getting into my drink.

Today was different. I focused my eyes in front of me, just over the cup, and waited to see if a bubble would come so I could blow it away. It felt like a game!


A few days ago, I noticed another shift. Returning from a run near dusk, I took a rest break on a bench near the water. The calm surface was smooth except for concentric circular ripples in one spot, quite large.

I can remember a time not long ago, when seeing that would leave me with a twinge, there’s an animal there and I want to see it, to know what it is… but this time, I was struck with a sense of wonder at how simply nature had communicated a sentient presence, unseen, yet deeply felt.

Writing this to figure it out, I see that I am more deeply connected to the present moment, just as it is, rather than being distracted by my ideas about life that are based on the past and future.

And it feels perfect.


Comments