Playdate With The Cosmos


Science has fascinated me since high school.  I vividly remember the first time I encountered the theory that everything we are and see is made up of tiny particles in constant motion, and wondered about the possibility of them “changing reality” in an instant. Also captivating was the notion of mind over matter, that we had some ability to influence what goes on with us physically with our thoughts.

Listen to "Play with the Cosmos!" on Spreaker.

Attending a party at a friend’s home, I came upon some boys playing with a decorative object  in her mother’s den – a sort of blown-glass dumbbell that stood on end, the bottom filled with a bright pink liquid. One of the boys set it on the palm of his hand, and all the liquid migrated to the top as its temperature rose. Cute.  So when he set it down, I just had to try it for myself.
I nearly jumped as all the liquid shot, bubbling, to the top! Some of the boys laughed, whistled and said things like, “Hey, hot stuff..” but I was neither distracted or amused. I was in some sort of a “zone,” and I knew in that moment what was about to happen. I set the glass object on the desk, held out my right hand and stared at it for a count of 10, then told a boy, “Put it back.”
He did. The pink stuff did not budge. At all.
At this point the other kids in the room cleared out, muttering things like, "We saw 'Carrie.'" I was not displeased to be rid of them.
In hindsight, I know that the whole thing happened way too quickly to be what I believed at the time, that I had somehow generated a biofeedback response that cooled my hand and held the liquid in place. A fast ten-count left time only for it to be a quantum process, likely immediate, and since I felt no cold in my hand the liquid had been directly affected. Given, in quantum terms, the highly improbably nature of a very volatile liquid not changing temperature as a response to that kind of contact with a warmer surface, it seems the Universe had move an enormous amount of energy at the exact moment of my “request,” as if to have a little fun with me.
As we go through life, it’s good to remember that we are not isolated, there are worlds and worlds out there just waiting to show off their magic. Meditation is a good way to remember not to be distracted from our true nature as part of all of this. What will my next mantra be?
“Let’s play!” 
Art from "Meditation Series"  by Lisa Trivell, https://lisatrivell.com


Comments